Friday, September 5, 2008

friday's t3

whoops! with everything going on yesterday, i completely spaced on thursday's three things to be thankful for. so today it will be friday's three:

1. my husband, again, who suprised me earlier in the week by doing the hard work painting the garage (though it still isn't done yet - some girl has been shirking her duties) and then again by getting us a spa. he always tries so hard to make our life fabulous, and he succeeds.

2. a minor miracle which at this point shall remain nameless. just keep your fingers crossed, and in due time i'll share it with you.

3. broccoli and chicken and ravioli deliciousness, which i will share with you. this has become my go-to when i don't know what to cook and i haven't really thought as far ahead as dinner, yet it somehow seems to be dinnertime. and i love this so insanely much. it's very much a throwing-things-in-the-pot-until-it-looks-good kind of recipe, so i'm sorry there aren't really any measurements.

1/2 onion, coarsely chopped (or so)
chopped garlic
broccoli (i like broccolini, but zucchinis would work too), coarsely chopped or chunked
julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 pkg. raviolis or tortellonis or just regular pasta in a shape like rotini or fusilli or something (i think about 8 oz.?)
1 14-oz. can chopped tomatoes, drained
1-2 chicken breasts, coarsely chopped
parmesan cheese

pour a little of the sun-dried tomato oil in a large skillet and heat. sauté the onions in it and then add the garlic, the add the chicken and cook well. (i add a little more sun-dried tomato oil if it looks like it needs it.) cook the ravioli/tortelloni/pasta just to al dente and drain. steam the broccolini (if you're using zucchini, i think i would add it to the chicken/onion mix and sauté). mix everything together - when i do it, i scrape the chicken/onion mixture into the [drained] pasta pot because it's bigger. everything means everything - pasta, chicken/onion mix, vegetables, some sun-dried tomatoes, and some parmesan. you can add a little more of that sun-dried tomato oil when you're tossing, too, if it looks like it needs it.

i bet it would be good vegetarian, too. and i bet it would be good with some fresh chopped basil, too.

1 comment:

miss kerry said...

HOORAY for a water feature!! Perfect in time for your housewarming, which will bring me and my bikini over on the train!